Wednesday, September 2, 2009

First Post

Desserts have always been my specialty. Anytime anyone has a party or a get together I'm always recruited to bring dessert. Whether it is brownies, cookies, or candy, I am the one to call.

I guess that shouldn't surprise me. In 10th grade I took the ASVAB test, which is supposed to tell you what you will be when you grow up. I was told that I would be a pastry chef. I always laughed at that, but I guess it wasn't that big of a stretch. I really do enjoy baking, especially the decorating part!

For years I have been baking with mixes, but I have now decided to venture into the world of homemade desserts. That is where this blog comes into play. I want to document my shift from mixes to 100% homemade desserts. No more canned frosting or boxed brownie mix for me. It will be all homemade, at least most of the time. 

I am also hoping that once I get the hang of homemade cooking I can start cutting the recipes in half (this is very scary for someone who has a math phobia)! Very rarely am I in need of 16 cupcakes, but 8 wouldn't be too bad. We'll see how complicated that is going to be.

I hope to throw in a healthy dessert every so often too. I fear too much baking (and sampling) is bound to make my waistline expand!

So now you know a little about me. I hope you will join me on my adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment